Newest Book ...

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Propaganda of the Gods

I'm no artist.

That being said, I have, on occasion, thought of certain things in my writing that I just plain want to see.  Huge battles are included in that category, but since I'm no visual effects programmer (and have no software for it), I'm not likely to see those.  I do, however, have Photoshop Elements so I can play at being an artist.

The maps you've seen before were made with that program and they mostly served to help me in keeping the narrative's geography straight.  But here's a situation wherein I just wanted to see if I could do it.  The answer was "kinda."

Without giving up the story, there comes a time when "propaganda" (for lack of a better word) boosting the image of the gods is produced.  In my mind, I had it pretty well sketched so I wanted to see if I could make it.  I got three completed:



As you can see, I sucked at doing Ares (Mars) so I abandoned it.  Don't get me wrong: there's parts of the first two that I hate also, but they mostly get the pic I had in my head out there.

I never got the big one in my mind out, though.  Silhouettes of the entire Pantheon (the big twelve) in a long banner ...  Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment