Newest Book ...

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Writing the Special Editions Part V: Halfway Point on 'Colonies'

Well, a little beyond halfway, I suppose.

Here's the screen where I am now (nearing the end of Picon):

Feel free to embiggen so you can get a sample of the commentary.

So far, it's been a great deal of fun, even though I just read, edited, re-read, and published these books last year.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to wait a decade to read and write the commentary on Colonies, like I did with Lords of Kobol, but it makes sense to release the special edition of Colonies sooner rather than later.

Lots of details are in the commentary, including translations of "foreign" dialogue, inspirations for characters or events, funny stories, sad stories ... it's been enjoyable and kinda therapeutic.

Still on track for LoK SE to be released in December and CoK SE to be released next March.  As for the 15MB "wall" I posted about a few months ago, I'm still working on it.  I think I'll be able to get around it on way or another.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment: