Newest Book ...

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Writing Colonies XXIV: SITREP - Canceron is finished; starting Aerilon

 Handy-dandy graphic ...


My attempt at a Gulliver's Travels-style tale within the Kobolverse is complete.  It was fun, but perhaps a distraction.  I don't know if I will include in Canceron as it does not directly impact the story (a few characters reference it and some themes jibe), but for now, it's in there. 

If you're interested in such things, here is the map of Canceron included in Book Six:

Click to embiggen

For those keeping track, Book Six: Canceron is currently 164 pages long.  That's 354 pages in Volume Two and a grand total of 1,636 pages in Colonies of Kobol thus far.

Now, on to Book Seven: Aerilon ... I'm doing something a bit different again and focusing on a singular story that bridges the period between its initial colonization and them being (and wanting to remain) on their own.


Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Real nice of you to have added a coupla Indian towns there, Ed. Just curious; is Canceron the Twelve Colonies' analog for India? I mean, its been described as "The Largest Democracy", with a population of 6.7 billion.....so I figured they'd add up some

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about "officially" in the minds of the producers, but I've treated it as such. I decided to do that when I saw one of the major cities was Mangala, the Hindu name for the planet Mars. The connection I drew to the Lords of Kobol is pretty plain from there.

      In my history of these worlds, people left Gemenon centuries before and settled most of the other planets. These "native" populations were either conquered or assimilated later when the Virgon and Leonis empires expanded across the systems.

      For Canceron, one group of people settled on one continent and became analogues for India; some who settled on another continent became analogues for Turkey (I decided this because a tourist attraction on Canceron has been listed as a glacier, Kor Yaz, which is Turkish.)

      Delete