Newest Book ...

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Waiting for the Restlessness

I haven't posted in a while and that's because I'm not actually writing at the moment.  Other than a big post on the geography of Diary of a Second Life (which, I guess, I need to get crackin' on), I'm done with my previous works.

Please do download them:
Diary of a Second Life (Smashwords/Amazon)
Displaced (Smashwords/Amazon)
Lords of Kobol series (Smashwords).

That's six books.  Over the last three years, I've been writing.  When I haven't been writing, I've been editing.  When I haven't been doing either of those things, I've been pimping what I've written and edited.  Of course, I can't do it every hour of the day and every day.  I take days off in between books, too.  That's where I am now.

I'll divert my attentions by annotating episodes of MST3K, watching movies, playing video games, etc.  I keep this up for a while until I begin to feel something gnawing at my thoughts.  It's like that feeling you get when you're leaving for a big trip and there's that nagging sensation that you've forgotten something.  I call it the "restlessness."  When I begin to feel it, I'll know it's time to start writing again.

Before I start, though, I have to engage in a palate cleanser.  Usually, it's watching a favorite movie, like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.  Once I've mentally reset myself, I can sit down and begin the work.

I haven't felt the restlessness yet.  Judging from the past, it'll be a few days, at least.

"When you do sit down," you're asking, "what will you write?"

Well, it'll either be the "male romance novel" (meaning: all sex, no romance) or it'll be Lords of Kobol - Book Zero: Of Gods and Titans.  Frankly, it depends on my mood and if I'm feeling particularly inspired.

Sorry if I'm being disingenuous but that's the long and short of why I haven't done much lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment