Newest Book ...

Sunday, November 27, 2011

What's Next for Kobol?

I've published my trilogy.  I've put out the artwork and maps that helped me write it all.  I've posted deleted scenes and even published an entire book made up of the ideas I couldn't quite work out in the first place.

Wither the Lords of Kobol?

Frankly, I don't know.

I started because I wanted these stories published and I've done that.  I've cultivated a small and enthusiastic following.  Next, I'll be publishing some original stories.  Sci-fi, for the most part, natch.  One is done and will be published the first week of December.

But what of the Lords?

I have plenty of ideas.  If I were to continue, I'd probably write Lords of Kobol - Book Zero: Of Gods And Titans.  (Yes, I already have a title.)  As you might be able to figure out, it's a prequel to the trilogy about the creation of Psilons and Cylons on Larsa.
Huh.  Look at that.

Beyond that?  A new series of books titled Colonies of Kobol.  The first would be Book One: Earth, and detail the history of the Thirteenth Tribe after their departure.  Then Book Two: Gemenon because that world was the first of the Twelve Colonies to be settled.  I don't know how many books the series would involve at this point, but I know there would be one called Virgon, because that world was the seat of Colonial power for a thousand years; Tauron, because of the civil wars and the connection to our beloved Adamas; Caprica, of course, perhaps to fill in the blanks before and/or after that oft-missed series ...
Another cover ready to go?

These are ideas and not solid plans.  I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone, but it doesn't feel right to promise that I'll start working on a dozen books just like that <snap> when I have no fleshed-out concepts.  If inspiration hits, I'll start writing.

And then I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I hope you'll give my other work a try, starting next week with the release of Displaced:

And since this begins an era of non-Kobol work, the title of the blog will be changing.  Now it will be called "Writing Kobol and Beyond."  I hope you guys will continue to stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment