Newest Book ...

Monday, December 12, 2011

Mapping "Displaced"

If you've read my blog at all, you know I love mapping things.  As I did with Lords of Kobol, I mapped things out for Displaced, too.

Since the action takes place in and around the Lee family farm, I mapped out a rudimentary version of it and then later endeavored to make a final version.  For that, I turned to Google Earth.  I gathered various farm elements, trees, ponds, etc., and dragged the bits around until they matched my desires.  Here's the result:

From that, I created the final map as seen in the book, along with a font that is supposed to suggest that Wilson made this map himself:

In a week or so, I'll post a more spoilerific version of the final final map, as it appears at the end of the book, along with a size comparison chart.

If you haven't yet, download Displaced right here.  If you follow me on Twitter, you'll find a coupon that will let you download the novel for just 99¢.

1 comment: