Newest Book ...

Friday, September 26, 2014

Writing, Again: Part V - Visual Inspiration 2

Writing on Book Five is chugging along nicely ...

I'm beginning to worry about length a bit, though.  I can't decide if I want to press ahead and worry about it later or if I should just stop what I'm doing and rein it in.  Storywise, it's a trilogy's worth of stuff crammed into one book (origin stories, seeds of revolution, revolution & exodus).  I don't know.  I'm still thinking about it.

In the meantime, here's some more lame art.

Years ago, I Photoshopped an old Greek helmet and gave it a Cylon eye.  Thanks to the free app Adobe Sketch, I took another go at it.  The figure on the left is pretty much what I see in my head when I read about Cylons in the Lords of Kobol trilogy:


Moving ahead to Book Five, the mechanical Cylons are called something else for a stretch and I wanted them to be very different than anything seen before.  (They were briefly glimpsed in an Ares' flashback in Book Three).  Here they are:


More to come next week.  (Book Five stuff; not crappy drawings.)

No comments:

Post a Comment