Newest Book ...

Monday, September 29, 2014

A Collection of Reviews - Updated

4.5 out of 5 stars on iTunes
4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads
4.3 out of 5 stars on B&N
4.9 out of 5 stars on Kobo

"I could not love this book more! A definite must-read for any lover of BSG who might have wondered what the hell happened on Kobol before the humans left for the 12 worlds. I can't wait to read the next 2 books."
-- w!L G

"I've been a fan of Battlestar forever ... this is a great book and I'm neglecting everything till I get the next book read.  Thanks for some great entertainment.  I can't read fast enough!"
-- coffeeghosts

"Feeling the void of no Battlestar Galactica the lords of Kobol answered me with an awesome my love of BSG via twitter. Download this free e-book I've written says this random person. It's not endorsed by the creators but written for the fans. It delivered the back story to everything you need to know about BSG. I consider it to be canon. I couldn't put them down till I'd read every page."
-- Shane D

"This book was really good. I enjoyed it although I thought it was a bit slow at first and didn't pick up fast but at a moderate pace, later. I would say I'm a bit biased because I loved the series and every time I read I'd try to related it to BSG. So I can't see too many flaws. Probably the only thing I thought was the use of certain words that didn't make sense but it wasn't too bad in frequency. Definitely a read of you're into the BSG universe themes."
-- Vik U

"LOVED Book 1!"
-- wilkidu

"Wow. Im not a fan of the new BSG tv show but I am def a fan now of THIS book series. When I first started reading I thought maybe this isnt for me...yeah right. Now Im off to book 2! Talk about an early Christmas present! Kudos and thanks to the author for making such great writing, and for offering it free!"
-- Anonymous

"I became aware of this author through his Twitter feed when he requested to follow me to promote his books. He had me hooked right away with the Battlestar Galactica connection, but I was a little bit unsure about what to think of some free books from a guy on the internet. Since the books were free, I went ahead and downloaded copies for my Nook, and I just finished the first book in the series. Whatever expectations I had were met and exceeded as I read this novel. Yeatts shows incredible familiarity with the BSG universe as well as Greek mythology, and his storyline adds many levels of depth to some of the mysteries of the TV show.

I went back and forth as I read this book about whether I really wanted depth added to the mysteries of the show, because one of the things I enjoyed about BSG was its mysterious spirituality and unanswered questions. Early on in my reading I swung to the side of feeling beat over the head with explanations for some of the shows mysteries, but about halfway through the book, the plot took a nice plot twist that fits perfectly into the BSG universe and maintains, and I might add even deepens, the level of spirituality present in the TV show.

I am anxious to continue the series and see how the BSG universe shapes up over the course of the three books. If you are at all a fan of Battlestar Galactica, you should check out this books series. So say we all (and it's free!)."
-- Jason T

"Cool seeing the gods and learning about Kobol. Seems to star a little slow, but picks up quickly with a big reveal."
-- Anonymous

"This book was d-bomb"
-- Dalton

"I have just finished reading a pdf of your book Lords of Kobol Book One Apotheosis. Started reading it yesterday and could not leave it. Your version of what happened has so far intrigued me. Can't wait to start reading the second book. I think you have masterfully woven the interactions of all the characters and the story line is fascinating. My jaw dropped when I read <SPOILER REDACTED>! Now that was a wow moment. ... I will be downloading book two soon on pdf and eagerly read what happens next and learn more. Good job man. I will be looking at your blog more soon. Thanks for writing this story."
-- William K

"I am fan of BSG so I enjoyed reading of this book. It seems that author took his time and studied BSG universe and created very nice plot. Connection made to BSG and Caprica is well done."
-- conta

"Wow.  Started off slow but became more and more intriguing"
-- Anonymous

"A very impressive book. Thoughtful, intriguing, meaningful, and intelligent, all without sacrificing readability. The fact that it's based in the Battlestar Galactica universe is almost secondary, but that it is adds a new level of wonder to it. Looking forward to continuing the series. Hats off to the author!"
-- John B

"I loved it!"
-- AriaAyarulo

"Thoroughly enjoyed it.  Meshes into BSG universe quite nicely."
-- wombatjedi

"This was an unusual book, with the main characters being the Lords of Kobol ... the plot unravels over centuries. And there is plenty of pre-history to go. I had a great time being back in the Battlestar Galatica universe and will be continuing this series soon."
-- Keith Hughes

"Why am I trying to keep my eyes open? Because i'm reading @LordsOKobolbook 's first book. It's #fraking good. Go get it!"
-- markchapamusic

"It's fantastic"
-- GeneralEcks

"Even though I hadn't watched the shows, this series is a brilliant depiction of the Olympian Gods (Or Lords of Kobol, as the case is). Yeatts does an excellent job of showing just why our Greek Mythology presents the gods as they do, blending mythology and technology splendidly."
-- Kyle M

"Just downloaded the books and finished the first one....excellent read and great backstory on BSG....when I'm done with these I'm going to rewatch the series"
-- Arcadio T

"Finished Book One. Now on to the second. It's hard to believe a book so good was FREE!"
-- TheAtomicHouse

"Excellent book"
-- NightwolfRD

"Great fan fiction providing a plausible back story to the BSG Kobolian gods, and the legendary Thirteenth Tribe. It meshes well with the established story, though some parts were spotty, such as the origin of the gods, and who the humans were on Kobol before the gods came on scene. Perhaps that will be covered later? (Ed.: yes.) Looking forward to the next in the series."
-- Anonymous

"I have to say, I didn't expect much from a free book from B&N, but this is definitely a fun, well-written piece of fan fiction that any BSG fan should enjoy."
-- Richard L

"Excellent read for Battlestar Galactica fans. The author has put much thought and has effectively tied Roman/Greek mythology to create an interesting tale that is an easy read."
-- Eric

"Surprisingly a really great book. Does a great job of expanding on the mythology of BSG while maintaining the same tone and themes."
-- Michael

"A must for Battlestar Galactica fans."
-- Rochelle

"Can't beat it for free, good story a little long but I will read the other books in the series, it kept me wanting to read more."
-- Emc2384

"Wow this is a labor of love..... i just read the first book, and cannot believe it was offered as a freebie. This, to me, was worthy of major publisher attention and release. I found the series by accident while foolimg with a Nook app that listed free (and not so free) Nook books. I'm glad i did. The maps look great.

I'm done typing i have book 2 to begin."
-- Mike F

"The more I read the more I enjoyed it. I wish the chapters had been laid out a bit different but all in all it has really grown on me. It did take a bit to get into it but realizing I read it in two days is something I haven't done since the Harry Potter series."
-- Alex M

"Really enjoyed this book. You can see the world of the new Galactica, and its results, taking shape."
-- Jimmacc

"This is possibly one of the best pieces of fan fiction I've ever read -- but then again, I'm a devout fan of Ronald D. Moore's Battlestar Galactica TV series, so take that for what it's worth. If, like me, you were disappointed with the unanswered questions and stunted plot lines at the end of the award-winning BSG series, you'll enjoy this story of the "gods" of Olympus on ancient Kobol.

The Lords of Kobol draws heavily on the phrase, "All of this has happened beofore, and all of it will happen again," from BSG's book of Pythia. And it holds true to many of the themes that made BSG such a great series, including the nature of sentience (both biological / human and artificial / cylon) and how societies justify war and violence.

The book also does a great job tying in quite a bit of Greek mythology in a clever, but humorous way that makes you wonder about the humble origins of our own religions. Putting BSG aside, Edward T. Yeatts III deserves credit for exceptional storytelling and character development. The individual stories of the "Lords" begin with the familiar, distant personae of the Greek gods. But they evolve into all too human stories of sometimes reluctant gods who are surprised, or even disgusted, at their own worship.

You won't look at Greek mythology, or even Battlestar Galactica mythology, quite the same way after reading this book. And if you make it to the end, you'll likely do what I did: immediately download and read the sequels."
-- Dan P

Lords of Kobol - Book One: Apotheosis can be downloaded in just about every imaginable format for FREE at Smashwords here.  Also available at iTunes, Kobo, and B&N.  All for free.


4.5 out of 5 stars on iTunes
4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads
4 out of 5 stars on B&N

5 out of 5 stars on Kobo

"The follow up to the first book kept up a cracking pace, very insightful and filled in so many gaps, I've recently Beemer re-watching BSG and a lot more makes sense now. I promised myself I would savour this one but I couldn't put it down until it was finished. Hopefully ( no pressure ) there will be more, I've really enjoyed reading both of them as there hasn't been much written novel wise in the BSG universe. I would be happy to see them published and pay for the pleasure of reading these. Thanks again"
-- wombatjedi

"It's fantastic! I can hardly put it down."
-- BlessedPsycho

"Easily the best of the trilogy."
-- John B

"Absolutely amazing gives a great insight into the "bigger" bsg story. Well worth reading."
-- Mossley

"Good author, your attention to detail is just phenomenal. Thanks for sharing such an awesome treasure trove of insight, and a cool online tool/resource while you're at it! You've really thought this out. I enjoy seeing how much work and time you've put into carefully drawing from Earth cultures to really get the same type of flavor as the 'original new BSG' did."
-- Joe K

"A great book for sap suckin tree huggin hippies. Theire is only one God you queer author. The auther is a fag who has never played a sport in his life. And for all you non believers go crap in your mouth fags. The book sucks major nuts. Dont get it. Overall rank is gay fagtorium."
-- Super Swag

"Best one"
-- Anonymous

"Excellent continuation of the story"
-- Jimmacc

"Delving even farther back into the start of all the events that led up to the re-imagined TV series, “Book Two: Descent” does not disappoint. I’ve always had an interest in the ‘Lords of Kobol’ and Mr Yeatts has spun a mesmerizing yarn in this book about their ‘Great Experiment’."
-- Vosges1945

"I'd give it six stars if I could, but I already gave Book 1 five stars.

Big flashback to the begining of the gods reign over Kobol and it's filled with scheming by Prometheus against Zeus, a gut-wrenching scene and a tremendous battle scene. I will say I was glad the author included the map."
-- MarcusMaximus

"Each book gets better and better. Looking forward to starting the 3rd book!"
-- w!L G

"This one like the first one bothered me with the dating of the chapters. It made it hard for me to remember what was happening from the first book when it went back and forth to the scenes that directly related to this book and its timeline. That is the worst thing I can say about it. I am getting used to his use of the first person view chapters. The story became totally engrossing. It was interesting to see how it was all tied up in one knot. I really enjoyed this one and am getting ready to start the third one. I am dying to learn more about Larsa and the history that happened prior to the current story."
-- Alex M

"I just finished book 2. Another great work!"
-- JForrestp

"Wow, and ok I'm ready for three. Seeing how this has happened before and will happen again why do I have to wait?"
-- oilfielddoc

Lords of Kobol - Book Two: Descent can be downloaded in just about every imaginable format for FREE at Smashwords here.  Also available at iTunes, Kobo, and B&N.  All for free.


4.5 out of 5 stars on iTunes
4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads
4 out of 5 stars on B&N

5 out of 5 stars on Kobo

"Couldn't put it down!  I need more!"
-- oilfielddoc

"I LOVE the Trilogy and the many twists & turns it takes us."
-- CylonModel7

"I am a huge fan of Battlestar Galactia and the short-lived Battlestar prequel show, Caprica. These three books really satisfied me as a fan. I always wanted to know the back story Kobol and the people who lived there. The basic story is about a civilization in decline and the Lords who try to maintain it. Many parts of the BSG series are explained throughout the trilogy. I highly recommend these books to any fan of the series."
-- Forrest

"Interesting ending to the pre-Battlestar Galatica tale.

Now I want to watch all the Galatica and Caprica series with this new background."
-- Anonymous

"Having read these books, I now feel I know those people much better. This has been a delightful bit of fan fiction, while not canon, would still fill out the BSG back story in an immense way."
-- Anonymous

"A satisfying end to the series. Lots of tie-in with the television show came to fruition, and the story had more of a feel of urgency than the previous two. Great read!"
-- ShaunC

"It's a wonderful story that "feels" like canon even though it isn't."
-- David B

"I have just finished reading Lords of Kobol, book 3. Coming to the end of a 'pleasant journey' brings a form of sadness. You spin a good tale. I shall remember your name."
-- Marshall

"The way you've organized the timeframe w naturally occurring, fluidly organic events is great."
-- 13thLFoN

"This book wraps up the series of the history of Kobol, including the situations and events leading up to the exodus from that world to the colonial planets we are familiar with in Battlestar Galactica. It offers up an explanation, that the 'gods' of Kobol created a worldview that included the humans holding them in regard as benevolent guides. This comes at the expense of causing them to stagnate in certain ways, since if humans advance too much in certain areas, the secret of 'godhood' would be unmasked. Despite the best intentions of Zeus, Apollo and others, a series of events come into play that are destructive to Kobol, but offer humans a chance to start anew and build their civilization on their own terms, leaving the gods behind. Having read these books, I now feel I know those people much better. This has been a delightful bit of fan fiction, while not canon, would still fill out the BSG back story in an immense way."
-- Anonymous

"Awesome, awesome series. So sad this is the last book. Looking forward to reading the others if they ever get written."
-- w!L G

"This was such a great series.  I thoroughly enjoyed the pre-history of Kobol and it has me jonesin' to watch BSG again."
-- Keith H

"I just finished book 3. This is Amazing work!"
-- JForrestp

"There were so many things going on at once that I was afraid I'd get lost or the story would get too convoluded. That didn't happen. It's well structured and the story unfolds very nicely. More great action, more drama with the gods and humans, too. I'm going to rewatch the show now to see how everything connects.

A great series for BSG fans."
-- MarcusMaximus

"Again an awesome read."
-- Jimmacc

""

"I have enjoyed books 1,2 & 3. I wish these had been made into a television series before the Galactica series."
-- donslar

"I have made it through book three, and am getting ready to read book 4 tonight, I must say.. Excellent :) Very well written.."
-- Joe T

Lords of Kobol - Book Three: The Final Exodus can be downloaded in just about every imaginable format for FREE at Smashwords here.  Also available at iTunes, Kobo, and B&N.  All for free.


4 stars out of 5 on iTunes
4 stars out of 5 on Goodreads
4 stars out of 5 on B&N

4 stars out of 5 on Kobo

"I'm a fan of the first three books and this is a very different take. The author said in the forward that he wanted to try different plot turns and use a different narrative tone and he certainly did. Reads very much like Tolkien and has a different story than Books 1-3."
-- Anonymous

"I liked Books 1-3 very much and I know that this one is an "alternative universe" version of what the author did in the trilogy.

I enjoyed it. The writing style sounds almost biblical with the grammar and word choice, but I picked up on it pretty quickly. While many of the characters are the same (the gods), the story is very different and even the end of the world plays ouot differently than it did in the trilogy.

Worth reading if you want more BSG in your life."
-- MarcusMaximus

"Enjoyable. Very good."
-- Anonymous

Lords of Kobol - Book Four: Tales From Ancient Days can be downloaded in just about every imaginable format for FREE at Smashwords here.  Also available at iTunes, Kobo, and B&N.  All for free.


4.7 out of 5 stars on B&N
5 out of 5 stars on Kobo
4.6 out of 5 stars on Goodreads

"I absolutely LOVED it!"
-- Zack W

"A new book at last.  A great series.  I really liked it!"
-- Anonymous

"I've just finished reading Lords of Kobol 5. Can I just say, it did not disappoint. It's a very vivid look at life before Kobol, and without inserting too many spoilers for the readers, I enjoyed the amalgamation of old and new cultures using our own history and current events as a point of reference. The character development must have taken you a while to perfect too. It is a cracking story, but now I'm sad because I have to see the saga end. I look forward to your next project."
-- Chris B

"Loving it.  Cant tell where its going.  Great read!"
-- Cody M

"My very short review of "Of Gods and Titans" - In short, I loved it. However, while I was reading this book, I couldn't help but notice how there are similarities with our culture and Larsan culture: the militarism, the wars over resources, religious bias, the use of robotics in warfare and so on. The Lords of Kobol Books aren't so much a science fiction story but a warning to us about our possible future and the hubris of our leaders."
-- Chuck B

"Nearly finished.  Frakking loving it!"
-- Shane D

"Absolutely smashing read. Truly rounded out the origins of the cylons and wonderfully portrayed the human cycle of rises and falls...all this has happened before and will happen again."
-- Wtall

"This was the best of the series. It fit perfectly into the first three books but it did something more than they could have ever accomplished in the other three. It gave life to the world from which Kobol was built. It showed why the Olympians did what the did in the first three. It showed relationships that were layered over time with love and hatred. This is the first book in a long time that has wrapped me up in the story to the point that I am truly sad I finished it. This series is a must read and this book above all shines bright. I would recommend the Lords of Kobol series to anyone whether they are a fan of Battlestar Galactica or not. It is just an outstanding series."
-- Alex M


Lords of Kobol - Book Five: Of Gods and Titans can be downloaded in just about every imaginable format for FREE at Smashwords here.  Also available at iTunes, Kobo, and B&N.  All for free.




"For any fan of BSG (Battlestar Galatica) this is a must read. It taps into the BSG mythos and expands the back story of the 12 colonies and their life on Kobol in particular the Gods. I don't want to give any of the story away but I urge all fans and even those with only a passing knowledge of the TV series to read this and the other 3 books.

Well written, a proper page turner and at an unbelievable price. Rather then a free lunch it is more like a free banquet."
-- Mark Simmons

"Your 4 books are a joy to read."
-- CYLONmatrix

"A must for any fan of Battlestar lore."
-- Patrick

"I loved the new spin for the whole series on how the Gods came to be. I loved all the books. The plot and storyline were great"
-- Cathy

"I have thoroughly enjoyed the Lords of Kobol saga.  Thank you."
-- Cody M

"I have read all the books in this series and it put to paper thoughts I already had in my mind. If you liked Battlestar Galactic you will love these books. ... Kudo's to the author and think they should make this a movie or a series. it is a must read."
-- Penny

"If you dig #Caprica & #BSG, his exploration of the mythos will blow your mind. Read his books and enjoy"
-- WeirdArchives

"I´ve just finished reading your first trilogy (I´m gonna start the 4th book today) and I´m writing to you in order thank you for these outstanding novel.

It was really brilliant!"
-- Rubens

"If you are a fan of the BSG franchise, then the whole trilogy will appeal to you! I had a quiet winter break and delved into all 4 over break form college and finished them all. Even without a background of BSG knowledge, if you have a knowledge of Greek and Roman political and religious structure, you should also find these books very entertaining!"
-- Anonymous

"They're great!"
-- shortstack81

"Your books have been one hell of a read and I have enjoyed them thoroughly."
-- Chuck B

"First: I am a fan of the BSG series (though, I didn't see much of Caprica). The Lords of Kobol books were quite fun reading -- the tie-ins with Greek mythology were very clever and well-done. The story itself provided a very readable back-story to the BSG (and Caprica) television series. Highly recommended for BSG fans -- those not familiar with BSG may find themselves scratching their heads in bewilderment at times, as well as miss some fantastic tie-ins with the show."
--ShaunC

"it is clear the amount of work you put into them and that shines through"
-- yuecake


"We did like them, actually a lot! good times :-) (+ we like uniquely bound LOK copies LOL)"
-- @twinsthings

"Loved it!! Answered lots of questions from the Battlestar Galactica series now I'm watching them again."
-- Artbeat

"I loved the Battlestar Galactica series and felt a bit lost when it was finished, so the books are a welcome return without being a rehash. I enjoyed how the author, as well as the writers of the TV series, played with the legends of Greek mythology. I never got into Caprica but might take a second look after finishing this series."
-- Anonymous

"I find them thorough, insightful, and informative"
-- MzSnowleopard

"This is a fantastic series of books. They capture the philosophical and religious tone of the TV show perfectly, while enhancing it with complex characters and histories. Highly recommend!"
-- Jason Tiearney

"So this book series isn't a book series that i would typically read, but this series turned out to be really good. I would recommend this series."
-- Anonymous

"I enjoyed Battlestar and I looked with anticipation at your ebooks.  I enjoy your writing style. It reminds me of the Herbert's style in the Dune series. The short and precise chapters help the story flow quickly. Anyway, just a note of thanks for writing such an excellent series of prequals to Battlestar G."
-- Ron P

"Your books are amazing. It was a great read. I could hardly put them down!"
-- Auston

"As always, you are very cool."
-- Anonymous

"As a fan of the reinvisioned Battlestar Galactica TV series, I was pleased when I discovered that this and it's companion books had been written, delving into the vaguely described story about Kobol and the Thirteenth Tribe. The story was as entertaining to me as the TV series was, and remained true to its spirit. With vivid characters and an engaging story interwoven with elements seen in the TV series, this novel draws you easily back into the BSG universe and fills the gap left over from the series conclusion. I highly recommend this set of novels to anyone that loved the reinvisioned Battlestar Galactica series; you will not be disappointed."
-- Twan Fox

"Fan-frakkin'-tastic!!!"
-- Josh S

"I have absolutely loved the series of books. I have also enjoyed how you managed to combine current events, mythology and bsg into one set of books. Well done sir."
-- Chris B

"Wow! Why aren't you selling them? These are good!"
-- JForrestp

"Best fan fiction I've ever read."
-- Jason Levi

"Loved the trilogy. Didn't know I was reading Scrolls until third one. All 3 read in 2 days. Thanks again."
-- Anonomouse

"These have all been read before, these will all be read again ..."
-- J Stiffler

"This series is going down as one of my favorites. This was a very interesting and enjoyable read. I didnt think i would like it at first, but by the end i really liked the series. This is a keeper."
-- Anonymous

"Excellent job, great writing style. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the books!"
--Geistjaeger

"The 'Lords of Kobol' series is absolutely fascinating.  I'm practically salivating to get into your 'Galactica' universe again! 

You do realize that many fans accept your story line as 'canon', right?

 Quality work, sir, quality work!  Count me a loyal reader."
-- Gary J.


4.5 stars out of 5 on B&N
4.5 stars out of 5 on Goodreads

5 stars out of 5 on Kobo

"I bought this because I enjoyed the author's Lords of Kobol Battlestar Galactica books and I was surprised at how much I liked this one, too. Sometimes the action gets murky when you're keeping track of the cavemen and dinosaurs, but he makes it work out. And being from Balitmore, it was fun seeing the flashbacks with the main character."
-- MarcusMaximus

"Loved it! Well written and held my interest throughout the book. One of those hard to put down books that you wish would never end!"
-- Bernie

"I really enjoyed this book.  People and strange creatures displaced in time."
-- Doc

"Overall enjoyed reading it and didn't put it down for long. Time travel is always interesting so I enjoyed the author's take on it."
-- Dan C

"This was a very unique story. Read it in a few hours. I loved the mix of characters. Take cavemen, whales, dinosaurs and two men from the future, a few other surprises, drop them into 1940s Georgia farmland...you get a fun read with a true ending. No hangers, just an entertaining book from start to finish."
-- Jeanine S

"A very quick read. Lots of action with dinosaurs, a robot and other crazy things. I was surprised at how invested I became in the cavemen who have their own language. The ending isn't really a surprise but it was fun to get there anyways."
-- Anonymous

Displaced can be downloaded in just about every imaginable format for 99¢ at Smashwords here.  Also available at B&N, KoboiTunes, and Amazon.



4 stars out of 5 on Amazon
4 stars out of 5 on Goodreads

5 stars out of 5 on Kobo
5 stars out of 5 on B&N

"If you are looking for a fast paced, horror filled zombie book, then this is not the book for you. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a well thought out story of self growth of a boy becoming a man, then be sure to check out Diary of a Second Life.

The story is set far in the future - around 300 years after the end of the world and life as we know it. Wess Marin is a boy about to turn sixteen who lives in a small village of approximately 100 people or so. The people live a simple life down in tunnels for the most part - sheltered from the sun. No, they aren't vampires, but being in the sun increases their hunger levels for food to such extremes that they will starve if they stay out for too long.

Wess has never been outside the walls of his keep and doesn't know what exists except for what he sees each day. He is just finishing school and is now expected to "bond" with Remi, his second cousin, to perpetuate society through having children and becoming a watcher - a person who walks the walls to protect the community from the "terminals" which are basically zombies. Terminals can be people or animals or even insects - ick!
...
Wess has decided that he is going to go in search of others who may be working on a cure for the sickness and find what he is searching for as a person.

The story covers his journey - what he finds outside the walls, who he encounters, and what he learns about himself as a person.
...
Wess is the only character that is truly developed but that works out fine for the book as it is his path to discover that the story is about. The rest of the characters are truly supporting ones that interact at the level necessary to help Wess on his journey.
...
A thoughtful read and different take on what happens when the world ends. I would recommend this for a change in pace from the "normal" zombie books."
-- RandiTS (spoilers redacted)

"The book was interesting and kept me reading to the end ... I always wish for more exploration of the "old" world in these kind of book, for the most part they get from A to B without any. Different communities of people, living different kinds of lives in 300 years.
A good bargain for a good story."
-- Dennis

"At first I had some doubts about this novel but they were truly unfounded. I started reading a little of the story, then a bit more only to find that I'd finished the thing in very short order. The story kept me stuck to each word and was incredibly easy to finish. I finished it a little too fast because this story is worth savoring every paragraph. The journal format of the novel gave the story a feel similar to that of "Dracula." The diary also gave the reader a more personal connection to the narrator.
...
The characters were fascinating too. It starts off with the voice of a fifteen year old boy and then adds more people along the way.  ...  I found the characters realistic and genuine. There isn't anything cookie cutter or contrived about them. Excellent character crafting!

"Diary of a Second Life" was a great read and one of most creative stories of the post-apocalyptic genre."
-- Lori Bowland, Living Dead Media (spoilers redacted)

Diary of a Second Life can be downloaded in just about every imaginable format for 99¢ at Smashwords here.  Also available at B&N, iTunes, Kobo and Amazon.


5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads
4 out of 5 stars on Amazon

"Great read and thoroughly thought provoking. Looking forward to reading more by this author!"
-- Arkync

8 Days can be downloaded in just about every imaginable format for 99¢ at Smashwords here.  Also available at B&NiTunesKobo and Amazon.



5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads
5 out of 5 stars on Kobo

"Thank you for writing that story! It's not often adult fiction has a plot or is written intelligently, with humor. I stumbled upon it on probably the first day it was released on SmashWords and it was a pleasure to read.
...
While I see you plan to work on similar tales, I'm concerned that as short stories they won't allow for decent character development. I also feel short stories just don't build properly, which Sexcalation happily did.

Finally, I applaud your choice of pricing the book reasonably. Too many extremely short works are priced foolishly high. I've got to give you credit where credit is due.

Good luck with your upcoming projects. If they are in a similar vein, I definitely plan on reading them."
-- RichSz

"This is an excellent book and my review is far overdue. It's light and humorous in places yet can get heavy when necessary. Loved the ending!"
-- Lazlow

Sexcalation can be downloaded in just about every imaginable format for $2.99 at Smashwords here.  Also available at B&N, iTunesKobo and Amazon.


5 out of 5 stars on Smashwords
4.25 out of 5 stars on Goodreads

"Thought this was a great little story, the cover art is awesome and reminiscent of Sin City and various other film noir classics. The writing style is original and evocative, the imagery great. The story itself reads like a cross between Dick Tracy and Kick Ass with plenty of action, intrigue and some hot sex. Everything a discerning guy could want in short. Oh and hot women."
-- Mikey Lee Ray

"Enjoyed this and will definitely recommend it. Great action and liked the way the steamy parts were written, hot."
-- James Riddel

The Red Kick can be downloaded in its entirety for just $2.99 from Amazon here.




Thanks for indulging me.  I hope you all stick around because there's more to come.  Lots more.

No comments:

Post a Comment