Newest Book ...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Time to Start Reading Book Four

Well, I didn't see this day coming.  I had a trilogy in mind for Lords of Kobol (once I realized what I was writing was too long for just one book) and once Book Three was done, I was done.  You know?

Two years ago when I was trying to pin down the Lords of Kobol in my mind, I had some cool ideas.  Some really good things I would have loved to put into the trilogy, but given the choices I made, they just wouldn't work.  Over the last two years, the really good stuff kept coming to mind and I couldn't shake it.  Once the trilogy was finished, I decided to exorcise those demons and put those thoughts down on paper.

It helped a bit knowing that some people who read Book One didn't care for my decision regarding the Lords' nature.  They wanted their gods to be more godlike and for things to be much more mystical.  You people should be very happy with this.

So what made these thoughts work now in Book Four when they wouldn't work when I started Book One?  Read chapter one of Book Two.  I'll write more about that in a future post on the theology of it all, but suffice it to say, that chapter made me rethink a bunch of things.

Regardless, Book Four is ready to go.  The language of it all is similar to Tolkien's The Silmarillion (and there are some influences, obvs) so you might have to slow down to grasp it all at first.  It creates an interesting flavor.  Makes it feel old and mythical.  Kinda weird when I had to write about DNA, space travel and computer viruses, though.

As for the story, don't worry that I've just fancied up the words and changed the nature of the gods.  Nope.  Except for the specific things mentioned in BSG that transpired on Kobol, all of the situations and circumstances surrounding these characters and events have changed.  Often drastically.  (SPOILER-wise, the only thing to look out for is a Book One spoiler in the Preface.)

It's a totally new story.  An alternate universe companion novel to the trilogy.

It's interesting and it's actually pretty frakking good.  I hope you like it.



DOWNLOAD IT HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment